The story of our new baby.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The story so far - part 1 hospital



So many things to write about since the birth of Joshua, and I want to keep up with it so he can look back and remember the early days so I will attempt to write every day or two but for now here is the story so far!

So after a crazy birth, I ended up having to spend a week in hospital, due to my blood pressure being so high and the fact that I had just had an emergency c-section and lost 2 liters of blood.

I spent the first 24 hours in a recovery ward with 6 drips in my hands. It made it so very hard to feed my baby boy but we managed. I had my folks and brother Brad come visit and Del was with me as long as he was aloud.

I fell in love with Joshua from the time I first laid eyes on him. He was just so perfect and when they gave him to me for that first cuddle I could not help but cry. Actually I couldn't get over how big his feet were.



My first night with Joshua was quite hard as I could hardly move and Josh cried so much. It was all new to both of us. As I could hardly move each time I wanted to pick him up I had to call the midwife.

After about 3 days I was keen to get home but due to y high blood pressure I was not aloud to and each day I was hopeful of going home and then when I was told not today I became very emotional but they were only looking after my best interests.

I was quite saw and found it hard to move around. I just took each day as it came and got a bit stronger every day. I had my stitches taken out after day 5 and have a great cut. The surgeon did a great job.

Each day while we were in hospital Del would come in and visit us for as long as he could but he was also working. I could not wait to see him each day. I also had my mum and dad in every day so that was also great. Darrell, Des, James, Shell, Rob, Valter and Rita and my brother also came to visit.

The day they told me I could go home I could not have been happier. I packed up and had to wait around for the doctor to come and sign me out and give me my medication. So at about 3pm on Monday 1st May we took Joshua out in to the big wide world, jumped in a black cab and home we went.

More to follow.....Deb xo

1 Comments:

Blogger MsDemmie said...

Congratulations to you all - hes a cracker! Hope you are feeling better now and able to cope much more easily.

( Via blog mad )

7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home